Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It’s not you, it’s me

I have decided that life is too short to read bad books.  That being said, sometimes I feel like I’ve invested so much time into a series that I don’t want to break up with the series.  However, I have now decided that if I don’t like the books in the series I am not going to continue them.  This is a little feature where I effectively “break up” with a series of books and the reasons why.

House of Night – The first book had so much potential, I adored it!  Unfortunately, as the series progressed I got less and less interested in the books.  Zoey became the type of person that she used to absolutely hate and she just seemed so hypocritical after that.  I felt like each book dragged out a lot and reading the back of the books would just give me about 2/3 of the plot which drove me nuts.

Maximum Ride - I really enjoyed the first couple of books in the series but I felt like once one storyline had ended I had no reason to pick up the fourth book.  I also just didn’t really like the premise of the fourth book.  I feel like the story had great potential in the first couple of books but after that it took a strange turn and I just can’t bring myself to pick up any more.

Gossip Girl – I started this series as a little brain melting experience and just felt like after a while all the drama was not something I was excited about anymore so I just haven’t read any more of the books.


Pretty Little Liars – I freaking loved these books, after book 4 I was surprised but also excited that A who may or may not have been the real A was found out but then books 5- 8 featured someone entirely new and it ended in such a way that left me feeling pretty happy, I thought awesome, it’s over, now I can move on.  
Then book 9 appeared and I read it and felt like it was enjoyable but when it was revealed that this series goes to at least book 14, I just decided to stop at book 9.  Some series can continue on in large amounts but I feel as though a book series like Pretty Little Liars has to end somewhere.

Fallen - I remember that I enjoyed the first book, Fallen, but then when I read the second book I struggled through it and it took me forever to get through it.  I didn't like where the book ended and I just hadn't felt inclined to read the next book in the series.  Now I have decided that I will never go back to finish the series.

2 comments:

  1. You were right to not keep reading the Maximum Ride series. They were totally awesome at the start but the plots started getting repetitive and the last one, which the author made such a big hype about, was beyond disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right to not keep reading the Maximum Ride series. They were totally awesome at the start but the plots started getting repetitive and the last one, which the author made such a big hype about, was beyond disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!