Friday, August 2, 2013

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Title: First Grave on the Right

Author: Darynda Jones

Published: St. Martin's Press, 2011

Pages: 310

Series: Book 1, Charley Davidson

Summary: Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I had been curious about this book for a while and then I just picked it up when I saw it on the library website.  I am so glad because I laughed so much in this book.  The jokes are sprinkled throughout the book and they were silly enough that I just had to laugh.

The mystery aspect was really interesting to me, I found it to be quite intriguing and it definitely kept me sucked into the story.  I liked how you were fed very little information at the start and the more the story goes on the more information you get.  It was good.  Usually, I feel like mystery stories have a lot of information dumping which is not always fantastic.

Then there was the whole Charley and Reyes thing.  There were some moments between Charley and Reyes which were so weird, and I imagine would be really uncomfortable if you were around them at the time.  It also just seemed weird in relation to the rest of the story too.  I thought it was interesting too though.  Reyes is a whole different mystery.

I really enjoyed First Grave on the Right, there was mystery, supernatural elements, comedy, romance, action and so much more.  This book is so entertaining and needless to say the ending of this one has made me really want to read the next book in the series.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!