Monday, July 15, 2013

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Author: Jeff Kinney


Published: Amulet Books, 2007


Pages: 224


Series: Book 1, Diary of a Wimpy Kid


Summary: It’s a new school year, and Greg Heffley finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his diary.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I have been in need of a laugh of late and so I bought myself the first book in the diary of a wimpy kid series as I’d seen the movie and thought it was hilarious.  Needless to say, the book was just as funny.  I'm pretty sure that every two pages I would crack into a smile and laugh out loud.



When I ripped open my mail and saw this was in the package I basically sat down and didn't get up until I finished the book because it was really fun.

Not only does this book have the usual text but it has really fun drawings, that had me laughing out loud.
The text and the drawings just go together so well and create an engaging and hilarious novel.  It’s definitely something I feel can be enjoyed by anyone of any age provided that it’s your kind of humour.

There’s not a lot else to say about the book to be honest, other than while it is very similar to the movie there are some additional parts that are absolutely hilarious as well.  I would definitely recommend reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid because it is so funny.

Source: Purchased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!