Monday, June 17, 2013

The Darke Toad by Angie Sage

Title: The Darke Toad

Author: Angie Sage

Published: Katherine Tegen Books, February 2013

Pages: 96

Series: Book 1.5, Septimus Heap

Summary: The evil Dom Daniel is up to something with the Port Witch Coven, and he needs Simon Heap’s help. Is Simon ready to do his master’s bidding? And in the state that Dom Daniel is in, how will he fare against the nasty—and ever entertaining—Port Witch Coven?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I have enjoyed reading the Septimus Heap series since I found the first book in the series on a display of new books on my high school library.  It has been a while since I read any of the books so when I saw this in the library I figured it would be a good little story to get me excited about the Septimus Heap series again.  It worked really well too as I am now excited to read the last two books in the series which I haven't read yet.

Angie Sage always delivers her books with sprinklings of humour and in 96 pages she managed to have me laughing quite a lot.  I love how much the books in the Septimus Heap series have me laughing.

One thing I missed in this book were the illustrations that are in the larger novels but that being said, the story was still awesome and highly entertaining.

There's not a lot else to say about this novella really.  It falls between the events of book one and two but you can read it at any point after book one in the series.  I've read the first five books before getting back to The Darke Toad.

Reading through The Darke Toad, was a fantastic novella and it has definitely renewed my interest in finishing the series.  No doubt, I will be finishing this series very soon :)  I just have to say that the Septimus Heap series is a really fun middle grade series.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Hi how ya doing? I nominated and awarded you with the lovely blog award. It's here http://curiositykilledmystupidity.blogspot.ie/2013/06/award.html if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!