Friday, April 19, 2013

Tales from the Arabian Nights by Andrew Lang

Title: Tales from the Arabian Nights

Author: Andrew Lang

Published: Naxos Audiobooks, 2004

Summary:  Contains the four stories Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp, The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor and The Story of Blind Baba-Abdalla.

Thoughts: I knew the stories of Sinbad and Aladdin and I had heard the name Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves but had never read any interpretations of the stories. 

I really liked these ones as it expanded on the Disney Aladdin and I really enjoyed the full story of Aladdin.  I also really enjoyed the expansion of the Sinbad story which I had read an abridged version of in a children’s book I used to own.


So the stories featured in this little anthology are Aladdin and The Wonderful Lamp, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor and The Story of Blind Baba-Abdalla. 

I really enjoyed them all and I would have to say that Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves would be my favourite story of the four of them and my least favourite would be The Story of Blind Baba-Abdalla but they were all fairly close in my enjoyment of them.

I have to say that I was really happy with this book.  It has definitely got me interested in more tales from the Arabian Nights and so I will probably be picking up more of these in the future.

Source: Audiobook Sync

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!