Monday, April 8, 2013

Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison

Title: Notes from Ghost Town

Author: Kate Ellison

Published: Egmont USA, February 2013

Pages: 336

Purchase Links:
Book Depository*

Summary: They say first love never dies...

From critically acclaimed author Kate Ellison comes a heartbreaking mystery of mental illness, unspoken love, and murder. When sixteen-year-old artist Olivia Tithe is visited by the ghost of her first love, Lucas Stern, it’s only through scattered images and notes left behind that she can unravel the mystery of his death. 

There’s a catch: Olivia has gone colorblind, and there’s a good chance she’s losing her mind completely—just like her mother did. How else to explain seeing (and falling in love all over again with) someone who isn’t really there?
With the murder trial looming just nine days away, Olivia must follow her heart to the truth, no matter how painful. It’s the only way she can save herself.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading and spending hours thinking about Kate’s first book The Butterfly Clues I jumped at the chance to read Notes from Ghost Town.  Needless to say, I am just as impressed by Notes From Ghost Town as I was by The Butterfly Clues.

The story starts with a bang and just kept getting more and more interesting.  I really enjoyed it from the very beginning.  I love the way that Kate Ellison is able to weave such heart-breaking but also really enthralling mysteries together.

I liked Olivia as a character because she was relatable and I also felt like I could really get inside her head and feel the same emotions she was feeling.  I did find the colour blindness to be missing through parts of the book, like it was there but I felt that it was forgotten for a long part of the book and then only popped up later on after not being discussed for such a long time.

I always love trying to figure out who the bad guy was and why they did it.  Notes from Ghost Town was no exception and I have to say that I had guessed who done it by the time it was revealed but I hadn’t figured out why.

Overall, I really loved reading Notes from Ghost Town.  It was such a good book!  I felt it was really well written, the mystery was intriguing and the emotions were all there.  Kate Ellison is such a talented writer and I look forward to reading more from her.

Source: NetGalley

1 comment:

  1. Read this book if you are a teen girl who enjoys mysteries, a writer who wants to know how to build suspense and hook a reader, or a mystery fan who wants something different.
    Top Recommended SEO Dallas Company

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!