Friday, April 26, 2013

Dead Rules by Randy Russell

Title: Dead Rules

Author: Randy Russell

Published: HarperTeen, 2011

Pages: 376

Summary: Till death

Jana Webster and Michael Haynes were in love. They were destined to be together forever.

Do

But Jana's destiny was fatally flawed. And now she's in Dead School, where Mars Dreamcote lurks in the back of the classroom, with his beguiling blue eyes, mysterious smile, and irresistibly warm touch.

Us

Michael and Jana were incomplete without each other. There was no room for Mars in Jana's life--or death--story. Jana was sure Michael would rush to her side soon.

Part
But things aren't going according to Jana's plan. So Jana decides to do whatever it takes to make her dreams come true--no matter what rules she has to break.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: When I read the premise of Dead Rules I thought it sounded like it could be light and funny; this however, was not entirely true.  For the most part the book has some heavy content delivered in a somewhat light manner but it is no way humorous really.

I feel for the most part I was really nervous reading Dead Rules because it felt like standing on a train track and waiting for the train to hit.  I knew that there would be a point in the book that would be so painful for Jana and so I wanted to get there but at the same time I was so apprehensive because I just didn’t want to have to go through those emotions with Jana.

The weird part that while there was the emotional wreck of Jana, it wasn’t at all how I thought it would be.  I spent the majority of the book feeling sorry for Jana because she just couldn’t see what everyone else could see.

I did enjoy reading the book.  It had a really unique spin on it and I thought the stories the others told about how they died was quite interesting.  I did think the ending was a little sad though.  It wasn’t at all what I was expecting but at the same time it kind of made sense.

Source: Purchased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!