Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Jezebel by Saskia Walker

Title: The Jezebel

Author: Saskia Walker

Published: Harlequin HQN, 26 March 2013

Pages: 336

Series: Book 3, Taskill Witches

Purchase Links:
Book Depository*

Summary: On the run from her powerful benefactor whose unscrupulous interest in her magic has forced her to flee, Margaret Taskill has never needed a hero more. So in order to gain passage from England to her homeland in Scotland, she plans to win over a rugged sea captain with the only currency she has: her virginity.

Maisie submits to Captain Roderick Cameron's raw sexuality in search of protection, their initial attraction growing into unbridled desire and unleashing devastating powers within her. But the journey threatens to take a dangerous turn, forcing Maisie to keep close the secret truth aboutwhat she is, and keep the superstitious crew—unhappy at having a woman on board—at bay.
With Maisie's wealthy sponsor giving chase, Roderick must stay one step ahead of the British Navy before Maisie's seductive magic causes a full-scale mutiny. He may believe he has full command of his ship, but he's about to get much more than he bargained for.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: The Jezebel is the third book relating to the Taskill witches but I read it after I read The Harlot and without reading the second one so I don’t think that publication order dictates when you should be reading the books as it doesn’t make too much of a difference.  The ending is spoiled if you haven’t read the first two books in the series but it didn’t bother me because they were endings I kind of expected anyway.

I really liked how different Maisie was from Jessie as it made the book feel like a different book other than just a rehashing of The Harlot.  Maisie was strong and intelligent and I really loved that.  Roderick was amazing too.  I loved his rugged character and could see what Maisie saw in him.

There are quite a lot of steamy scenes in this one, as expected and let me just say that Saskia Walker is very talented at wording those sorts of scenes just right.

The story line is a pretty simple one but I liked it, it was in a different setting to the other types of books that I read.

The ending was a nice and good ending which featured the other Taskill siblings.  I did have a different idea of how the book would end in mind but I guess that ending is not to be.  I was still happy with the end result though so all in all I would say that The Jezebel is a good read.

Source: NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!