Monday, March 11, 2013

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk

Title: Damned

Author: Chuck Palahniuk

Published: Doubleday Canada, 2011

Pages: 256

Summary: The newest Palahniuk novel concerns Madison, a thirteen year old girl who finds herself in Hell, unsure of why she will be there for all eternity, but tries to make the best of it.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: This book wasn’t exactly what I had expected but then again, with Chuck Palahniuk is anything ever what you expect it to be?  Probably not.  Either way, what I actually mean this time, is that it just wasn’t as good as previous novels by Palahniuk.  Not that I am an expert but of the books I’ve read by him I just felt this one wasn’t the same.

I’m not so sure how I feel about Damned as a whole, the story was interesting but it wasn’t that interesting.  There were aspects to the story that I found intriguing and those were the bits that kept me reading but then some parts were weird in that they felt a little off.

I liked Madison’s voice throughout the book.  It was just nice and it made all the terrible things in hell seem not so bad.

Hell was definitely an interesting kind of place. I thought it was cool that there were these little rules about what could get you into hell.  It seems like it would be incredibly difficult to ever get into heaven.

I learned that there will be a sequel to Damned which is to be expected given how Damned ended and I have to say that I will probably check it out for my own morbid curiosity more than anything else.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!