Monday, February 25, 2013

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

Title: Social Suicide

Author: Gemma Halliday

Published: HarperTeen, 2012

Pages: 277

Series: Book 2, Deadly Cool

Summary: Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.
I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . .   (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Having really enjoyed Deadly Cool I was looking forward to Social Suicide and I have to say that I was not disappointed.

Mysteries have always been my thing and with Social Suicide I found myself thinking that I would just read one chapter and then read about five.  It has such and addictive quality to it that I found myself flying through the pages.

I had an inkling of who the murderer in question was and I was so excited to be right.  Gemma Halliday does this awesome job in writing mysteries, there are red herrings and clues that lead to the real killer if you look closely and this time I looked closely and guessed it.

Hartley was still as awesome as ever and the whole book I was really hoping that her and Chase would just get it together already!  Sam was awesome as the best friend too.  I feel like Sam and Hartley just have this awesome friendship that is definitely enviable.

I absolutely loved Social Suicide so much and I really hope that there will be a third book featuring Hartley, Chase, Sam and anyone else.

Source: Purchased

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!