Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dael and the Painted People by Allan Richard Shickman

Title: Dael and the Painted People

Author: Allan Richard Shickman

Published: Earthshaker Books, 2011

Pages: 155

Series: Book 3, Zan-Gah

Purchase Links:
Book Depository*

Summary: When Dael, guilty and tormented, came to live with the tribe of the painted people, he longed for peace and restoration; but without knowing it, he made a powerful enemy. Luckily, Dael had friends-including a troop of crows-and his own mystical powers. The disturbed and violent hero learns from the Children of the Earth, and from his submissive wife, a new way of life that is peaceful and generous.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: It has been a while since I read the first two books in the series and I wasn’t sure how much I had remembered from the first two books but I had actually remembered quite a lot so I was fine reading this one.

Allan Richard Shickman writes in such a way that he pens such fantastic imagery and I can really immerse myself into the world and genuinely see myself there.  His descriptions of the world are really well written.

As far as the story goes, I thought it was quite entertaining and intriguing.  This one is all about redemption and making up for the past and just healing as people.  I thought it was really good because it has themes that are prominent in today’s society but it was written in a past setting.

I almost feel like Dael and the Painted People was my favourite book in the series, it felt more thought out and more mature.  It also showed the characters in a different light and I just really enjoyed it.

Source: Earthshaker Books for review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!