Friday, January 4, 2013

Two and Twenty Dark Tales Anthology

Title: Two and Twenty Dark Tales

Authors included:  





In this anthology, 20 authors explore the dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes through short story retellings. The dark twists on classic tales range from exploring whether Jack truly fell or if Jill pushed him instead to why Humpty Dumpty, fragile and alone, sat atop so high of a wall.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: As someone who used to spend nights as a ten year old reading mother goose books under the cover with a mini torch I was very excited and interested in reading this anthology.



Some of the retellings were really good and there were a couple I didn’t think were so great but when the title describes them as Dark Tales they actually mean dark tales.  I was surprised at how dark a turn some of the stories took but I still really enjoyed them.

I think that my favourite story would have to be Wee Willie Winkie by Leigh Fallon.  I read that one before I went to bed and it kind of creeped me out a little.

I really enjoyed the Two and Twenty Dark Tales Anthology I thought it was worth a read, I was really impressed with some of the authors creative adaptations of the nursery rhymes.  I would definitely recommend this one to fans of the Mother Goose nursery rhymes.

Source: NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!