Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yay, I'm back! October wrap-up and November goals

Yesterday was the day of my last exam and a lot has happened before I got to that point.  I've been so busy with study and work this year that I feel as though the blog has been abandoned and my reading has suffered quite a lot.  However, now I am on summer holidays and while this summer I'll be working I am still quite confident in getting a lot of reading done.  At the start of the year I challenged myself to read 200 books this year and for me to complete that goal I have 41 books to get through in November and December.  I'm hoping to get through heaps of books in November, I've actually started a lot of books and haven't finished reading them yet.  Either way, I have decided to make a list of books I want to read this November:
1. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
2. Velveteen by Daniel Marks
3. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
4. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
5. Two and Twenty Dark Tales
6. Framed & Dangerous by Kim Harrington
7. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
8. The Diviners by Libba Bray

I'm also hoping to read a few more books than that because I really do want to be able to make it to 200 books for the year but we'll see where we go.  I don't like to set out an explicit reading plan because there are so many books that I want to read, I prefer choosing something that I feel like reading at the time.

As well as all my reading for November, I'm also planning on doing NaNoWriMo for the third year.  This year I am going to be writing a story involving people who when they reach a certain age find out how much longer they have left to live.  Something like that anyway, I tend to just write by the seat of my pants when it comes to stories.


So, I'm back now and I think I'll be spending this November working on the blog and thinking about the direction that I want to take it in.  It's been interesting not blogging for a while but I've still been thinking about books a lot.  I'm not 100% sure of what I'm going to do in terms of content other than the whole review thing but I'm sure that I can think of some other things to write about to do with books.  I'm also contemplating whether or not I want to blog about other things on this blog as well as books.  It's hard to say but I feel like I probably won't change things too drastically.  For the moment I'm just going to be posting content every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to get back into the swing of things.  I'm also thinking that instead of scheduling up my posts like I used to do I will challenge myself to only post things on the day that I'm meant to.  So I'll write my post for tomorrow, tomorrow.  That way, I can just write what I feel like writing for the day.

I'm also hoping to comment more on other people's blog posts and to actually comment back to people who comment on my blog.  That way, I can talk to other people about books, which is something I really love to do.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on a lot and I'm basically just really excited to actually be back in the blogging game and looking forward to writing about books for the next while.  However, I have a LOT of blog reading to catch up on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!