Monday, November 5, 2012

One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Title: One Grave at a Time

Author: Jeaniene Frost

Published: Avon Books, 2011

Pages: 358

Series: Night Huntress, Book 6

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! How do you send a killer to the grave when he's already dead?

Having narrowly averted an (under)World War, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans's voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.
Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But one wrong step and they'll be digging their own graves.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I am addicted to this series and so I was super excited to start reading the sixth book in the series.  I started reading the books at the very beginning of the year and they have just been such great reads.

One Grave at a Time was no exception.  I loved this book so much.  The antagonist in this one was different to the usual and he also had this whole super creepy factor to it just because of the things that he was doing and what he could do.

I sort of feel like a part of the main story line was never resolved if only that it will show up in the next book but I felt that the ending as a whole was just over way too fast.  Thinking back on it, yeah, I guess it was a decent ending I just felt like it was done but missing something.

I was so happy to see Cat and Bones relationship just as awesome as ever.  There were a lot of other familiar characters in the book too, unfortunately, no Vlad but hey, there’s a whole book focusing on him right.  I was happy to see Ian in this book too.  I don’t know how I feel about him but I like how he interacts with the other characters.

Overall, I just really had a great time reading this book and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series, which doesn’t come out until next year.  In the meantime, I believe I have an entire book to acquaint myself more with Vlad!

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!