Friday, September 14, 2012

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: This Side of the Grave

Author: Jeaniene Frost

Published: Avon, 2011

Pages: 357

Series: Book 5, Night Huntress

Summary: May Contain Spoilers! Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"; the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.  (Taken from Goodreads)
Thoughts: The fifth book in the Night Huntress series and I’m still not sick of it.  In fact, there is only one book left for me to read before I’m all caught up on the series L  However, I love this book just as much as I have loved all the others I’m just going to talk about This Side of the Grave.
Bones and Cat are just as awesome as always in this book.  They’re just such a great team and I can’t help but smile every time they team up to take on the bad guys.  Not only did we get a whole heap of Cat and Bones in this one but my other favourite character Vlad was an important dude within the whole story.  (As a side note can I just say how stoked I am that there is a spin-off all about Mr Dracul, yay!)

One thing I noticed is that if you haven’t read the spin-off books you could be quite confused by a couple of things because they’re reflected in the plot of this one and well one such event plays an integral part of the story.

One thing I really like about these books is that there isn’t a whole heap of action.  I’m not really a fan of heavy action, I’m more into people wandering around trying to uncover mysteries and so the small piece of action in this book was just enough to make it not unbearable.

Overall, I am completely in love with this book and I for one am going to be picking up book six as soon as I can.

Source: Own copy

1 comment:

  1. *Bones* - that is such an awesome name! lol
    Glad you're enjoying this series, I need to get started on it, myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!