Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This is a Book by Demetri Martin

Title: This is a Book

Author: Demetri Martin

Published: Grand Central Publishing, 2011

Pages: 269

Summary: Demetri's first literary foray features longer-form essays and conceptual pieces (such as Protagonists' Hospital, a melodrama about the clinic doctors who treat only the flesh wounds and minor head scratches of Hollywood action heroes), as well as his trademark charts, doodles, drawings, one-liners, and lists (i.e., the world views of optimists, pessimists and contortionists).  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I have been waiting for this book ever since I discovered its existence last year.  I could of course have purchased it as a hard back but because I’m cheap I waited for the paperback release.  Needless to say the wait was worth it because I loved this book so much!

I am someone who loves books written by comedians as they always have this whole level of hilarity that is consistent throughout the entire book.

Not only are there hilarious passages and commentaries there are a lot of pictures that made me laugh so much, they were so funny.  I had a lot of fun reading through this book and sharing it with some of my friends as well.

Overall, as a HUGE Demetri Martin fan I absolutely adored this book and got many hours of laughs.  This is a Book is well worth a read.

Source: Own Copy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, the September edition of Books You Loved is live. Here is the link Books You Loved September Edition Please do pop by and link in a post about a book you loved. Maybe this one? Cheers

    Ps I am now following your nice blog. If you like Carole's Chatter I would appreciate you following me back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!