Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Author: Jeaniene Frost

Published: Avon Books, 2010

Pages: 361

Series: Book 2, Night Huntress World

Summary: May Contain Spoilers! Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.
But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: As I was reading this book I kept thinking, wow this reminds me a little of Beauty and the Beast.  At the beginning anyway, which isn’t a bad thing considering I absolutely love Beauty and the Beast.

Then the book turned into a cat and mouse game between Kira and Mencheres and that bit was so frustrating.  It did make me zoom through the book though because I just had to know how things were going to end with them.

Then of course there are the appearances by some of my favourites from the series.  I cracked a huge smile when they showed up.

As someone who isn’t the biggest fan of Mencheres I actually really enjoyed this book.  I don’t really care that much about Mencheres still, but I did like Kira.  I thought that Kira was such a cool character and because of her I was really engaged in the plot.

Needless to say, I’m really loving the Night Huntress series and I loved this spin-off.  I do find it a little weird that it’s called a spin-off though because I imagine that if you didn’t read this and the previous Night Huntress World series then you would be spoiled if you just ploughed on through the night Huntress series itself.

Either way I am totally loving these books.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!