Monday, September 3, 2012

Awful First Dates by Sarah Wexler

Title: Awful First Dates

Compiled by Sarah Z. Wexler

Published: Sourcebooks Casablanca, January 2012

Pages: 207

Summary: "He spills out a pile of pennies all over the table, telling me he fished through the couch for change to pay for his big night out." 
From the guy who chews on rocks to the one who has his mom tag along, Awful First Dates is filled with hilarious, cringe-worthy, holy-crap-did-that-really-happen? stories from celebrities like Lauren Conrad and Michael Kors, you'll laugh, you'll cringe-and most importantly-you'll feel better about some of the date's you've been on 
-He ate an entire bowl of dip with his fingers. 
-He said, "I think we should hang out in the woods and just groove on each other."   (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: This book was a really fast and really funny read.  I pretty much sat down and read the whole thing in an entire sitting.

The book is made up of different people’s short snippets about what they experienced.  So many of them were so funny.  I was laughing out loud quite a lot and at one point one of the stories had me laughing for about 10 minutes.

I really liked that some of the stories were from celebrities.  Justin Halpern’s story had me in stiches, it was so hilarious.

Overall, I loved Awful First Dates, it was so funny and a nice quick read I would recommend it to those who love humorous non-fiction.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!