Friday, September 21, 2012

A Mere Formality by Ilona Andrews

Title: A Mere Formality

Author: Ilona Andrews

Published: Ilona Andrews, 2011

Pages: 36

Summary: The alarm chimed, sending tiny shivers through Deirdre's fingers, coated in liquid interface.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Being a huge fan of the Kate Daniels series I was interested in reading this short story.  I knew that it would be nothing like the Kate Daniels books but I still enjoyed it.  I like science fiction but don’t really read much of it so this was a good story to find.

The story was not really what I had expected to be honest.  There is a bit of adult content that surprised me somewhat, I knew that there would be some form of adult content because you are warned before downloading the book but I was surprised that it wasn’t actually sex scenes as such.

That being said, I thought the story was quite interesting.  You don’t really get told too much about the world or anything like that so it’s got this mysterious element to it which was quite cool.

Overall, I thought that A Mere Formality was an interesting short story and I had fun reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!