Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

Title: The Prophet


Author: Amanda Stevens


Published: Mira, 24 April 2012


Pages: 352


Series: The Graveyard Queen, Book 3


Purchase Links:
Book Depository*


Summary: *May contain spoilers* My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I was really looking forward to reading this one after reading the second book in the series and while this one didn’t have as many really creepy parts as the second one it was still really good in its own way.

From page one I was hooked into the story.  I sat down for an entire day and read this book, there’s always something happening and so you just have to keep reading to find out what is going to happen next.

I did find there were a lot of holes in the story.  Some mysterious things happened but then they were never explained or just disregarded even though they were somewhat significant.  I also thought that part of the main plot was only there once or twice and then just up and vanished halfway through the book.

I did enjoy the characters in this book though; it was great meeting some new characters and seeing others develop some more.  I liked Clementine and thought she was a very interesting character.  After reading more about Devlin in this book I liked him but I still prefer Thane Asher.  I’m still a little suspicious of Devlin to be honest.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I am really curious to know whether there will be more books in the series as they’re highly addictive and I really enjoy them.

Source: NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I may read this one next. I look forward to more Delvin, my choice would be him. I understand being suspicious of Delvin.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series does sounds creepy. I haven't heard lots about it, but I must add it to my tbrlist. Seems perfect for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!