Friday, August 24, 2012

Perception by Kim Harrington

Title: Perception


Author: Kim Harrington


Published: Scholastic Inc., March 2012


Pages: 288


Series: Book 2, Clarity


Summary: *May Contain Spoilers* When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you? 

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past. 

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her. 

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back? 
One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I have been waiting for this book for a year!  Ever since I read Clarity I just had to read Perception.  While I was super excited to be reading Perception I was also a little nervous that this wouldn’t be as good as Clarity however, my worries were soothed completely.

I absolutely loved Perception.  I feel like I could go on and on about how amazing it was but I don’t really want to do that.

There was so much mystery in Perception that I couldn’t stop reading it!  I just had to know all the things that were going on and I was busy forming opinions the whole time about which events were linked and which were just red herrings.  I loved it so much!

In this one there was more emphasis on the love triangle between Clare and Justin and Gabriel.  In Clarity I didn’t care for either of them because there is another character I believe would be far better suited for Clare. 

However, in this one you get to know the boys some more and man I did not like Justin in this one and Gabriel became this amazing guy.  I still feel she would be better suited to another guy but I also love Gabriel.  I did get annoyed that it was taking her so long to choose but not giving anything away, she did choose in the end.

Not only was I incredibly excited about this book, there was a part of the book that made me feel sad.  Perry’s not the same in this book and it just made me feel so sad.  I really like Perry so I was sad to see the changes in him.

I was guessing lots of things and I am glad that I figured out who the main bad guy was which I was really excited about.

Overall, I absolutely loved Perception and really hope there will be a third book as Clarity is one of my favourite characters and this is one of my favourite series.

Source: Own Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!