Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kept by Zoe Winters

Title: Kept


Author: Zoe Winters


Published: 2008


Pages: 88


Series: Book 1, Blood Lust


Summary: As a cat therian (shifter), Greta’s blood is already sought after to enhance spells and potions, but due to a quirk of her birth, her blood is potent enough to kill for. When her tribe plans to sacrifice her, Greta must ally herself with Dayne, the dangerous local sorcerer, and the only person strong enough to protect her.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I’ve had Kept in my ebooks for a long time and thought I’d read it because it was quite short.  I like cats and a werecat is something I would find fascinating in books.
I enjoyed Kept but like some novellas I felt that it lacked in detail for some things.  At times I felt the plot whizzed by without much explanation and I did find it hard to follow.

I thought Greta was an interesting character.  I liked that Zoe Winters portrayed her as a cat at times.  Like, some of her characteristics when she was a human were like that of a cat.  It was definitely a surprising but also a different thing.

Overall, I enjoyed reading Kept and thought it was quite interesting.  I liked that it was unique with the werepeople and how they interact with vampires and such.  It was a fun read and if you’re into adult paranormal stories then this one might appeal to you.

Source: Own Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!