Monday, August 13, 2012

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

Title: First Drop of Crimson


Author: Jeaniene Frost


Published: Avon, 2010


Pages: 371


Series: Book 1, Night Huntress World


Summary: *May Contain Spoilers* The night is not safe for mortals. Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows - her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield - and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family's dark past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness - and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who craves a taste of her.

He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human - even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the demon nightmare together...
Because once the first drop of crimson falls, they will both be lost.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Lately I’ve really been eating up the Night Huntress novels and so I was excited to also read the spin-off novels too.  While I don’t think this book was as amazing as the Night Huntress novels, it wasn’t too bad.

I felt that Denise was so annoying in this one.  I mean, I know she was grieving and also going through something bad but still.  I guess I didn’t really get to know much about Denise in the Night Huntress series that I never noticed that she is annoying.  There was one main plot point that I picked up instantly but Denise never even picked up on it even though she was told outright about it.

I thought that the storyline was really interesting though.  It was quite different from the Night Huntress series in that it had demons in it.  I also learned about Bones and Spade’s friend Timothy as well and it would be interesting to learn about him in a later book.  *Crosses fingers*

I thought this book was really interesting in that I had no idea how it would end.  There was a lot of conflict between Denise and Spade so I didn’t know how it would turn out between them.  Not going into spoilers though, so you’ll have to read to find out what happens.

While this is a spin-off series to the Night Huntress series it is highly recommended that you don’t read this book before the first four in the Night Huntress series because you will be spoiled.

Overall, I liked reading First Drop of Crimson.  I didn’t think it was amazing but it was still entertaining.  Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!