Monday, August 20, 2012

Death's Avatar by SM Reine

Title: Death's Avatar


Author: S M Reine


Published: Red Iris Books,  2011


Pages: 50


Series: Book 0.5, Descent


Summary: For five years, Elise Kavanagh and James Faulkner have policed relations between Heaven, Hell, and Earth with blood and blade. They're notorious as heroes and killers—the greatest demon hunting team to ever live. But they're getting tired of fighting.

Now a Goddess of Death is driving the world toward destruction. When her doomsday clock reaches twelve, the barriers between Hell and Earth will be ripped away and bring humanity to extinction.

The clock just struck nine.
The world is running out of time.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I was really interested in reading Death’s Avatar because so far everything I have read by SM Reine has been exceptional.  Needless to say, Death’s Avatar is just as awesome as the other books of hers I have read.

I haven’t read the first book in the Descent series so I wasn’t sure if I would get lost when reading this prequel novella or not, I’m glad to say that I didn’t and I feel you can definitely enjoy this book without having read Death’s Hand.

I really loved the book, it was quite original and while some things were only briefly touched upon, this is a novella so you expect that and it made me more interested in reading the first book.

I liked Elise and James’ relationship.  It’s really different to pretty much any relationship I’ve ever come across in a book before and I’m looking forward to finding out more about their interactions and such.

Overall, I think that Death’s Avatar is brilliant and it has made me bump the first book in the series, Death’s Hand, up towards the top of my reading pile!

Source: Smashwords

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice Blog. New Follower, Go to my blog and see if you like it

    http://thepowerofwords-cm.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!