Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sixtus by Tim Kizer

Title: Sixtus


Author: Tim Kizer


Published: June 2012


Pages: 27


Purchase Links:
Amazon


Summary: Zack, a skinny fifteen-year-old nerd suffering from polydactyly, butchers his parents, a schoolmate, and a cop after becoming friends with a mysterious entity named Jeremy. 

Who--or what--is Jeremy? And what are the reasons behind this killing spree? If you think you know the answers, chances are you are wrong.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: Tim Kizer’s stories are always creepy and as someone who wants to read more horror stories lately, I enjoy reading his stories.  Sixtus was no exception, it had this creepy element with a bit of gory descriptions which just made it a really interesting story.

One thing I notice about Tim Kizer’s stories is that the majority of them have these subtle little twists that add this extra piece to the story to make it all that more awesome.

I enjoyed Sixtus, it has the gore, the creepiness and there is a twist that I didn’t guess at all.  The story is really short and you don’t get the full picture of all that is happening but it’s enough to leave you guessing at the end which I really enjoyed.

While I didn’t connect with the character Zack but I didn’t feel it detracting from the story any.  As this is a short story you kind of just go with the flow of what’s going on and so while I didn’t think Zack was an interesting character I still enjoyed reading about him.

Overall, I really enjoyed Sixtus, if you’re really into horror stories then I would highly suggest you check out Tim Kizer’s work because he is brilliant at crafting horror stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!