Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: One Foot in the Grave


Author: Jeaniene Frost


Published: Avon, 2008


Pages: 357


Series: Night Huntress, Book 2


Summary: *May Contain Spoilers* You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head – wanted: dead or half-alive – means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever … and Bones won’t let her get away again.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Bones and Cat are back!  Yay.  I really loved the first book so I just could not wait to read the next book in the series.  Luckily for me One Foot in the Grave was just as amazing as the first book.  Cat and Bones are fast becoming one of my favourite couples in fiction.

I must say that it surprised me how much time had passed from the first book to the second book.  It was four years and to be honest I didn’t really notice it but it worked in with the story quite nicely.

As far as story goes, I really loved One Foot in the Grave.  It had a mysterious element for quite a lot of the book and I always love mysteries.  I enjoyed the little twists during parts of the books.  They were tiny but definitely unexpected.

There were a couple of parts in the book that shocked me not in one of those pleasant surprise kind of ways but in an ugh did that really just happen?  However, I got over those parts and the rest of the story stood out far more.

I also enjoyed being introduced to some new characters, i.e. Denise and I’m curious as to know more about her.  Not to mention the return of some old characters.

Overall, I absolutely adored One Foot in the Grave and am moving on to the next book in the series right away!

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you really liked this one. I heard great things about this series and I really like the covers. Always the strong, fierce main character on it. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!