Monday, July 9, 2012

Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

Title: Goliath


Author: Scott Westerfeld


Published: Simon and Schuster, 2011


Pages: 543


Series: Leviathan, Book 3


Purchase Links: 
Book Depository


Summary: *May Contain Spoilers* Alek and Deryn are on the last leg of their round-the-world quest to end World War I, reclaim Alek's throne as prince of Austria, and finally fall in love. The first two objectives are complicated by the fact that their ship, the "Leviathan," continues to detour farther away from the heart of the war (and crown). And the love thing would be a lot easier if Alek knew Deryn was a girl. (She has to pose as a boy in order to serve in the British Air Service.) And if they weren't technically enemies.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: The third and final book in the trilogy and I’m excited to say that it was pretty awesome.


One of the main plot points was revealed quite early in the story which surprised me a lot because I was expecting it to be revealed at the end.  It was quite a pleasant surprise though, so that was good.

I loved this one just as much as I loved the other two books in the series.  I might even say that I think Goliath was my favourite one.

The story line is really interesting.  It continues on from the other two books but also introduces a couple of new characters who have some interesting agendas.  There was also the return of a couple of characters from previous books that had some odd agendas of their own.

I felt that some of the characters were just doing things to try and frustrate things and so many things kept going wrong due to what other people were doing that I was getting really frustrated.

The ending was really awesome in Goliath.  It was cute and fun and definitely not what I had expected.
Also, as always the illustrations were fantastic.  I really love the illustrations in these books because they just add this amazing extra layer to the story to make it even better than it already is.

Overall, I loved Goliath and thought it was a really great ending to the series.  The Leviathan series is such an awesome series that I know I’ll be recommending it to a lot of people.  It’s well worth reading.

Source: S&S Galley Grab

1 comment:

  1. Awesome book! I wasn't disappointed by this one. Amazing story and characters! Thanks for sharing it and great review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!