Friday, July 20, 2012

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Title: At Grave's End


Author: Jeaniene Frost


Published: Avon, 2009


Pages: 342


Series: Night Huntress, Book 3


Summary: *May Contain Spoilers* It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield’s life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she’s successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat’s worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover’s finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger. 

As if that wasn’t enough, a woman from Bones’s past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat’s about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she’s learned as a special agent won’t help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: As soon as I read the first book in this series I got hooked.  I’m really into urban fantasy stories at the moment and the Night Huntress series is one of those series that I’m really loving.  I feel like every time I finish a book I just need to read the next one.  Needless to say after finishing the third book I was putting the fourth one on hold at my library.

I find that Cat’s stubbornness is starting not to bother me much anymore.  I really like her.  I also like Cat’s best friend Denise.  Denise seems really interesting and I’m curious to know more about her.  Luckily, there is a book spin-off with Denise as a main character.

The story line was pretty interesting.  Some parts were predictable, some were a little surprising but good nonetheless.  There was one part that shocked me a little however, I knew that it wasn’t a permanent event as I had read about what was to happen in further books.

There was one thing that I did find a little weird.  At some parts I felt that one of the characters was missing for most of the book as though he had been forgotten and then he turned up all of a sudden when it was convenient.

I was also excited to be introduced to new character, Vlad who I notice has his own series coming up.  I’m definitely curious about that one.

Overall, I’m really loving the Night Huntress series and intend to continue to carry on until I’m all caught up on the series.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!