Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Masquerade by Kayden McLeod

Title: Masquerade


Author: Kayden McLeod


Published: Silver Publishing, 2010


Pages: 110


Summary: What lies behind the facade isn't always what it seems Abigail claimed the land of North Vancouver as her own, sharing it only with a clan of vampires, the Jericho Coven, who accepted the werewolf into their territory without qualm. Within their numbers is one, Cyrus Jericho; a suave, brooding vampire who isn't quite as he appeared. He declares Abigail for his own the moment they meet, despite the fact that another werewolf pack is in British Columbia looking to claim Abigail into their midst, no matter what they must do to see that goal complete.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: The beginning of Masquerade sets the scene for the rest of the story really well.  It starts off really mysterious and it got me really hooked into the rest of the book.


The characters were intriguing.  I liked Abigail because she had this mysterious air about her for a while and then it is revealed that she is a werewolf which I would've known if I had fully read the synopsis but I really never do.  If you know me, then you'd know I'm not the biggest fan of werewolves but to be honest I really liked this book.


While there are vampires, this really doesn't have much to do with the story, like there is no mention of anything vampiric as the main focus is on Abigail, the werewolf and a couple of other characters who are mysterious.


I really enjoyed that there was this whole mysterious atmosphere to the story as it kept me wanting more.


Overall, I thought that Masquerade was a really well-written light read that can easily be devoured in one sitting.  Kayden McLeod has a great writing style that just adds to the story and makes it a good read.


Source:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!