Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In Which I Answer some of your Questions

So the other day I asked for some questions and then said I'd answer them so here I am to answer the questions.


?
What are you studying for?
Well, I am at university studying statistics and philosophy.  I just recently had my exams and final assignments for the semester and this semester the classes I took were Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy, Generalised Linear Models and Sampling Methods.  Next semester I'm going for something a little different and studying Antarctica, Ecology, Evolution and Conservation, Accounting and Recent and Contemporary Philosophy so it should be fun.  Especially considering I've never done a biology paper before and I didn't take it as a class in high school :s

Anonymous people asked:
Why do you have purchase links on some of your reviews but not others?
I put purchase links with the books that I received for review and that I actually liked.  I don't put purchase links on books that I bought myself and then decided to write a review of.

You made a post about how you were feeling pretty lethargic about blogging, how is that going for you now?
Every day I still sit here and think, do I really want to be doing this?  I'm at the point where I'm still loving writing reviews for books so what I'm doing right now is going through the books I have for review now and reading those.  I'm not accepting any books for reviews and I am going to be posting things on the blog on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  From there I will see how I feel about blogging at a later date.

What are some of your bookish pet peeves?
Definitely when people dog ear books, man does that drive me nuts.
People who read my hardcover books with the jacket on the books, they then get the jacket flap all messed up and that drives me nuts.  I could not read a book with the jacket on in the first place as that annoys me so much.
When I buy the first book in the series and love the cover but the publishers go and change it on me and so the rest of the series doesn't match or has an uglier cover to the original ones :(
That's all I can think of really.

And those are my questions, I had a lot of fun answering them.  If you have any more then leave them in the question box below hehe.  You may even find a link to a giveaway if you ask me a question ;)



1 comment:

  1. That sounds hard! It's surprising you find time to read as much as you do. I really like this new segment, though, you should defo keep it up.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!