Monday, June 25, 2012

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Title: Hereafter


Author: Tara Hudson


Published: HarperCollins, 2011


Pages: 404


Series: Hereafter, Book 1


Summary: Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life--or her actual death--she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but "will" him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.  (Taken from Goodreads)
Thoughts: It took me a really long time to read Hereafter because I just wasn’t in the mood for reading.  That being said, I thought that Hereafter wasn’t too bad of a read.
I’m at a point where my reading tastes are changing and a lot of the YA paranormal romance hasn’t been as interesting to me lately and so for that reason along with the fact that I didn’t really feel like reading too much, I thought this book was just alright.

I found the mystery of who Amelia was and how she died to be quite interesting and I would’ve loved to know more about that side of Amelia.  Just little things like what she liked and just who she was.  I’d actually like to know a bit more about Joshua too.  I felt like we didn’t really get to know them personality wise.

I thought the story was interesting but I didn’t think it was anything overly unique or anything like that.  I think I’m at the point where I have read too many YA paranormal romances to be in love with any more of them.

There was the insta-love thing happening and to be honest, the whole time I was reading the book I thought it was weird that Joshua would make out with a ghost in public when nobody else can see and I just have to wonder, what would someone seeing that think?  It would be pretty weird I reckon.

Either way, I thought that Hereafter was entertaining but nothing special.  If you’re a fan of paranormal romances then you might enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!