Monday, June 4, 2012

The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer

Title: The Arctic Incident


Author: Eoin Colfer


Published: Disney Book Group, 2009


Pages: 128


Series: Book 2, Artemis Fowl


Purchase Links:
Book Depository*


Summary: In the first book of the series, Artemis battled both the underground inhabitants and Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon fairy police force. He also lost his beloved father, who is assumed to be dead. Now, after receiving a mysterious video email, Artemis finds himself in need of help from his recent enemies. The video shows a man bearing a striking resemblance to Artemis's father, sitting in the wasteland of arctic Russia. Artemis sets off to rescue the man, but first he must enlist some magical assistance. 

Down in the underground world, chaos has arisen. An unknown traitor has stolen forbidden weapons and armed a horde of trolls, setting them loose to wreak havoc on the citizens. Clues lead Captain Holly Short straight to Artemis, and she exacts a small bit of revenge by kidnapping him, just as he once kidnapped her. But soon she learns that Artemis isn't behind the chaos, and if she's to have any hope of stopping it, she will need his help. As a result, these onetime adversaries must now join forces -- a mix that proves to be both charming and volatile.
 (Taken from Goodreads)
Thoughts: It had been a while since I last read the first Artemis Fowl book and seeing as how it took me about 3 attempts to actually read the first one the first time around, I decided to just jump into the second one.  I had a lot of fun reading The Arctic Incident.
The Artemis Fowl books are really easy to read and they’re good for reading through if you’re looking for something that isn’t too heavy on content.

I found myself reading this one when I was having a relaxing day and it definitely was a relaxing read.
I was quite surprised by the change in character for Artemis as well.  I had suspected that throughout the series Artemis would develop more as a character but he changed quite a lot in this book.

Curious now as to how the rest of the series will pan out.  It’s an interesting series and if I have time I’ll definitely be checking out the rest.

Source: NetGalley

3 comments:

  1. Question: are these books mainly fantasy driven? Beacsue I'm not a fan of fantasy, but I've heard so many good things about these. Should I read them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a big fantasy element to them in that there are fairies and things with a bit of magic thrown in too but the fantasy is more subtle than Lord of the Rings etc.

      Delete
  2. This series is amazing, I really enjoyed all of the books. Loved your review!:)
    -Daniela @ YA Book Season

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!