Sunday, March 4, 2012

Waking Hours by Lis Wiehl with Pete Nelson

Title: Waking Hours


Author: Lis Wiehl


Contributing Author: Pete Nelson


Published: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2011


Pages: 336


Series: Book 1, East Salem Trilogy


Summary: A high school girl is found dead in the town park. And forensic psychiatrist Dani Harris wants answers. All the suspects are teenagers who were at the party with her the night before--but who woke up the next morning with no memory of what transpired. Even though evidence confirms they were all at the scene of the crime.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: Waking Hours is so amazing!  I absolutely love mysteries and then when you add a supernatural element such as this one I just cannot resist.


This is the fourth book I have read by Lis Wiehl and I must admit I wasn't sure how this one was going to be considering this one has a supernatural element whereas the other books of Lis' didn't.  I didn't have to worry though as I feel this one is far better than the other three books.  I feel like the supernatural element just added this whole extra layer that made it all the more interesting.


As far as characters go, I really liked Dani.  I felt that she was interesting and realistic.  A lot of the time I tend to ignore characters as I focus on the mystery and other aspects but in this book I noticed Dani and loved reading about her.

I started this book just thinking, I'd read a quick chapter and then get on with other things, however, this did not happen.  I started the book and felt so compelled to continue reading because I just HAD to know who the murderer was and what was up with the weird events surrounding Dani and Tommy.

I did have some ideas about the murderer's identity and I was a little surprised at the end to be honest and well, as someone who reads mysteries all the time this doesn't always happen.


Overall, I feel I could gush about Waking Hours for a really long time.  However, all I want to say at this point is that if you love mystery and love supernatural elements then you will absolutely love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!