Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

Title: A Study in Scarlet


Author: Arthur Conan Doyle


Published: Penguin Books, 2001


Series: Book 1, Sherlock Holmes


Pages: 143


Summary: Here Dr. Watson, who has just returned from a war in Afghanistan, meets Sherlock Holmes for the first time when they become flat-mates at the famous 221 B Baker Street. In "A Study in Scarlet" Sherlock Holmes investigates a murder at Lauriston Gardens as Dr. Watson tags along with Holmes while narratively detailing his amazing deductive abilities.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: As a fan of mysteries novels I’m surprised that I haven’t read A Study in Scarlet yet.  I’m glad that I did read it in the end because it was really good and just a really fun read.


I loved all three mystery stories within the book and I had actually come across the third one, The Adventures of the Speckled Band somewhere before.

I had already known how Sherlock Holmes operates yet I still found it fascinating reading about all the deductions he’d ever made.  It was just really fun reading about all the connections and how they were made.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading A Study in Scarlet and look forward to reading more in the series.

Source: Own Book

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading through classic Sherlock and it just increases my love for him and the show. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the show so much! That's the reason I'm reading classic Sherlock lol :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post!

    Have you read the book "Bending the Willow: Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes" by David Stuart Davies. This book is an excellent tribute to the Granada adaptation and Jeremy Brett.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!