Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Through her Eyes by Jennifer Archer

Title: Through Her Eyes


Author: Jennifer Archer


Published: HarperTeen, October 2011


Pages: 384


Summary: Every ghost has a story to tell.
The last place Tansy Piper wants to be is stuck in Cedar Canyon, Texas, in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of small-town kids. But when her mother decides to move to the desolate West Texas town, Tansy has no choice but to go along. Once there, Tansy is immediately drawn to the turret of their rickety old house, a place she soon learns has a disturbing history. But it's the strange artifacts she finds in the cellar--a pocket watch, a journal of poetry, and a tiny crystal--that have the most chilling impact on her.
Tansy soon finds that through the lens of her camera, she can become part of a surreal black-and-white world where her life is intertwined with that of mysterious, troubled Henry, who lived in the same house and died decades earlier. It seems their lives are linked by fate and the artifacts she found, but as Tansy begins spending more and more time in the past, her present world starts to fade away. Tansy must untangle herself from Henry's dangerous reality--before she loses touch with her own life forever.  (Taken from Goodreads)
Thoughts: The premise of Through her Eyes sounded incredibly amazing and I was really looking forward to reading it.  Unfortunately, Through her eyes wasn’t exactly what I had expected it to be so I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would have.
When I started reading Through her Eyes I found it quite hard to get into, and then there were patches of interesting parts.  Overall, it was quite an up and down shift in the interest levels for me.  I did find some parts of the book to be a bit spooky and I thought that was really awesome.

I’m not really sure how I feel about the characters, they all had their strengths and weaknesses but Tansy’s were a bit overbearing at times.  I found it a little hard to relate to her but I think that is because I’ve never really been a new kid at school.  Tate and Beth were really interesting people though.

I felt that parts of the story were touched on and then ignored for a long time within the book that I sort of lost interest in the story a little bit.  I did find the whole idea really interesting and I enjoyed following it through and seeing what had actually happened and what was happening to Tansy.

Overall, I thought that Through her Eyes was an alright read.  It just wasn’t really my type of book and while there were parts that I enjoyed there were also a lot of parts that weren’t so interesting.  I would say if you’re a fan of paranormal reads then you might just enjoy this one.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think that's spooky to see spirits only through the camera lens. I don't know if it has been done before. I would like to check this book out when I find it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!