Thursday, February 23, 2012

Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher

Title: Eden's Root 


Author: Rachel Fisher


Published: 2011


Pages: 322


Summary: It is 2033, and the world hovers on the edge of explosion as unexplained crop deaths lead to severe global food shortages. In the United States, the Sickness is taking lives slowly, creeping its way into every family. Fi Kelly has already faced the Sickness in her own family, toughening her beyond her years. But a shocking confession from her dying father will push her toughness to its absolute limits. Saddled with an impossible secret and the mission of saving her little sister, Fi sets out to transform herself into the warrior that she must become to survive the coming collapse. Along the way, she will discover that evil can be accidental and that love can be intentional.   (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: As a huge science fiction fan I was super super excited to read Eden’s Root.  Not to mention I’m a total sucker for apocalyptic novels.  I’m really happy to say that Eden’s Root is simply brilliant!


From the very first page I was hooked into Fi’s world and everything that happened with in it.  I really admired Fi for her courage and how much she did for her sister.  I loved how Fi just got right into things and was prepared for what was to come.

Rachel is a fantastic author.  The writing style is simple yet it flows in a brilliant manner and I found it difficult to put this one down at times.  I’m definitely interested in reading more from Rachel.

I would highly recommend Eden’s Root and I just know I’m going to be gushing about this one for weeks to come.  If you love science fiction and apocalyptic novels then I strongly suggest you read this one!

4 comments:

  1. I've read Eden's Root. What an adventure and Fi is terrific, a strong girl leading the way.

    After you're done, though, you'll never look at your food the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping to give something
    back and help others like you helped me.
    Also visit my web page :: amber leaf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I had
    to ask. Does managing a well-established blog like yours take a
    lot of work? I am brand new to running a blog but I do write
    in my diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!
    My web blog ; www.yourtobaccosstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.

    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly
    the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.
    Also visit my web-site golden virginia tobacco

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!