Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Flidderbugs by Jonathan Gould

Title: Flidderbugs


Author: Jonathan Gould


Published: August 2011


Pages: 72


Summary: As Kriffle the Flidderbug investigates why his fellow ‘bugs find it impossible to agree on the pressing issue of how many points there are on the leaves of the tree on which they live, he finds that the truth is more complicated, and ultimately more terrifying, than he ever could have imagined.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: After reading Jonathan Gould’s other book, Doodling, I was excited to be given the chance to read Flidderbugs.  I really like that Jonathan’s books are simplistic in their storylines but have this deeper meaning wrapped up in them.


I found Flidderbugs to be a really enjoyable read.  It was light and really entertaining.  I read it on one of the days where I was on holiday so I could just sit in the sun and read it.  I found this to be quite a good book to read like that.

While I found the book to be quite predictable it was still highly enjoyable.  I knew how things were going to turn out but there was one part that I couldn’t quite figure out so that was really enjoyable to read about.

I really enjoyed Flidderbugs and the underlying meaning was a really good one.  I think that Flidderbugs is a perfect read for a middle grade audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!