Monday, December 19, 2011

Supernatural Fairy Tales by Dorlana Vann

Title: Supernatural Fairy Tales


Author: Dorlana Vann


Published: Pixie Punk Press, September 2011


Pages: 67


Summary: Fairy Tale inspired paranormal short stories.

These 9 Supernatural Fairy Tales are not retellings of the original fairy tales but were inspired by them. They are paranormal themed stories about vampires, ghosts, mermaids, witches, and more, in genres ranging from romance to thriller. And fair warning: they don't always have a happy ending.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I really enjoyed Supernatural Fairy Tales.  Each story was really quick and I read the book in no time.  I thought all the stories were highly entertaining and brilliantly written.

I found it so easy to read each story because the endings were so good.  The story was really amazing and then you would get to the end and I found that the endings of each story just surprised me and blew me away completely.  They were fantastic.

Another thing I loved was that in the back of the book were little pieces about the inspiration for each story.  Some of them I’d heard of but others I didn’t actually know very well, but for the ones I did know it was good to know which stories they were based on for a comparison.

I thought that Supernatural Fairy Tales was a great, fun afternoon read and it was so well-written that I know I’m going to be on the lookout for more of Dorlana’s stories.

Source: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!