Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Static by Tawny Stokes

Title: Static


Author: Tawny Stokes


Published: CreateSpace, August 2011


Pages: 296


First Line: "You belong to me."


Summary: During the summer before her senior year, 17 year old band groupie, Salem Vale, has been following her favorite punk rockers, Malice, from gig to gig hoping that one night she might get backstage and meet the sinisterly sexy guys. She’s been saving her virginity for the lead singer Thane. One fateful evening she gets her wish. It’s a dream come true. 

Except the dream turns to a nightmare when she wakes up in a dumpster, tossed away like yesterday’s trash, with no memory of what happened the night before. She feels strange, different, as if something is trying to get out. Soon she realizes she’s changing…turning into something not quite human. 

Now a hunger deep inside claws at her to feed, to siphon energy from those around her. Before she can do just that, Trevor, the band’s roadie shows up and stops her from killing. With his help she learns to control the hunger inside, because he’s just like her. And in return he wants her help to do one little thing… 

Help him kill the members of Malice.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts:  After flying through the pages of Demon Whisperer I simply could not wait to read Static.  At the same time I was a little nervous about reading Static because it's about a girl who plans to lose her virginity to a rock-star and so I thought that there would be sex in the book which I'm not always keen on but I have to say that in Static it was tastefully done.  There's not really very much of a sex scene so I thought that was really good.


I started reading Static and I just couldn't stop.  I really liked Salem, I thought she was a great main character, strong and definitely awesome.  Not to mention her name, Salem, that is such a cool name.  I also liked Trevor too.  He seemed like such a cool guy and I was rooting for them both to kick some bad guy butt.


The story line was good.  Tawny Stokes does a really good job of straying from normal paranormal creatures and writing about some well known ones that aren't so over done.  I find it to be really refreshing.


I really liked the pacing of Static; there was always something happening so I always had a reason to keep reading.  The ending was really good too and I'm curious as to whether there will be a sequel or not and if there is then I am going to be all over it.


I would say that Static is a brilliant book and if you're looking for a paranormal book that isn't your run of the mill story then you'll love Static.


Source: Bewitching Book Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!