Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Knight


Author: Julie Kagawa


Published: Harlequin Teen, October 2011


Pages: 361


Series: Book 4, The Iron Fey


First Line: " 'Oy, Ice-boy! You sure you know where you're going?' "


Summary: To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. 

Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive. 

With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side. 

To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale. 

And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Ever since reading The Iron Queen I have been desperate to read this book because I just had to know how things were going to pan out.  Needless to say, I endured the months of waiting and it was well worth it in the end.

The Iron Knight was just as amazing as the first three books and as a person who absolutely adores Ash I loved getting a whole book all about him; I loved learning all about his life and the things that he had done in the past.

The Iron Knight was awesome with its returning characters, such as a certain cat I just love to pieces and then there are also some new characters that definitely added to the mix.

I loved the story line itself and reading about Ash’s adventures and seeing how he couldn’t do it alone was really interesting.  I really wondered if there would be a way for Ash to get back to Meghan but in the end, well, you’ll just have to read the book to find out.

I feel like I could go on forever about how much I adored this book and how it along with the others are one of my all time favourite series but really, all I can say is, The Iron Knight is a great ending to a great series and if you haven’t read these books yet then you are definitely missing out.

Source: NetGalley

1 comment:

  1. When The Iron Knight was announced, I literally did a dance. It's comes from one of my favorite characters point-of-view, Ash. I had anticipated for this book to be the culmination of all the emotions of the previous books. Well, it did all that and more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!