Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart

Title: Blood Song


Author: Rhiannon Hart


Published: Random House Australia, September 2011


Pages: 290


Series: Book 1, Lharmell


Summary: I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me. 

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated. 

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more. 

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Blood Song would have to be one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I just have to say that the wait was definitely worth it.  Blood Song far exceeded my expectations and I had really high expectations for it to begin with.  Needless to say I really loved Blood Song and would definitely say it’s a favourite of 2011.

I think one of the main reasons I absolutely loved this book was Zeraphina.  As far as characters go I could really relate to her and everything she felt I could feel it along with her.  When she was frustrated and wanted to know what was going on, I was frustrated and wanted to know what was going on.  I think another reason I liked Zeraphina so much was that her and I were similar in that we both don’t like people telling us what to do.

I loved the story too.  I read it in two settings because I had to know more of what was going on and it was just incredibly addictive.  I would’ve read it in one sitting but I started it quite late at night so I had to pick it up again the next day.

Then there were the supporting characters, I liked all of them but there was one character in particular that stood out from the rest and that would be Rodden.  Rodden just seemed like such a great character and I loved how you didn’t know if he was a good guy or a bad guy or what was going on with him.  I also loved the relationship between Rodden and Zeraphina, they hate each other but they care about each other.  It was so great; I loved reading all the scenes between the two of them.

I feel like I could gush about how much I loved this book for a really long time and I would really love to do that but I don’t think anyone would want to read that so for now I’ll just say that I loved this book so much and I’m really wanting the next one in the series.  Blood Song is really unique and so good.  I can’t even describe how good it is, you just have to read it yourself.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!