Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bedtime Stories for Cats by Amy Neftzger

Title: Bedtime Stories for Cats


Author: Amy Neftzger


Published: Fields of Gold Publishing, October 2011


Summary: A book of short stories and fables designed specifically for cat lovers. The topics range from mythology to magic and horror stories (for cats) combined with a few essays written by a cat in order to help the rest of us understand their logic and reasoning. The book also includes a creative retelling of the Gingerbread Man from a cat’s perspective. You share so much with your cat, why not read together, also?  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: Bedtime Stories for Cats is a cute little book about cats and is basically written from cat’s perspectives so you are getting a glimpse into the mind of a cat.  I thought it was quite well done as well as I really felt like I was reading the sort of things that a cat would be thinking.


I enjoyed all the stories in the book.  They were short and sweet but still really fun to read.  I liked that this book was nice and short and I could read a story between doing little bits and pieces.

There were a couple of times where I let out a little laugh.  The stories were definitely enjoyable.  As someone who owns a black cat I was particularly fond of the story that mentions black cats as being luck magnets and they only release the luck through their affection for others.

I thought that Bedtime Stories for Cats was a really neat little book that any young cat lover would enjoy.  As someone who has cats I thought this book was a fun and pleasant little read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!