Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Start-Up by Sadie Hayes

Title: The Start-Up


Author: Sadie Hayes


Published: Backlit Fiction, LLC; October 2011


Pages: 97


Series: Book 1, The Start-Up


First Line: "The last thing Adam and Amelia Dory expected to become was the richest family in the world."


Summary: When a college freshman's breakthrough software program catapults her into the limelight, she and her twin brother must navigate a treacherous world of money, power, and envy: Silicon Valley.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: The Start-Up is quite short but incredibly enjoyable.  If I had to compare it with something I would probably say that The Start-Up reminded me of Pretty Little Liars meeting Gossip Girl in a Silicon Valley setting, minus the murder.


I liked Amelia and I liked Adam but I have to say that Amelia’s attitude and behaviour did annoy me a little bit and I totally sided with Adam in their arguments.

I really enjoyed The Start-Up.  It took off from the word go and just kept me interested throughout.  I was turning the pages right until the end.  I just couldn’t get enough.

I know that I definitely loved the secrets, lies and scandal intermixed in a technological setting.  Not to mention that the ending had me hooked and wanting more.

The Start-Up is definitely worth a read.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the summary and how it sounds. Much more refreshing than the paranormal romance in YA. Haha, I tend to side with the male characters in stories like this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!