Thursday, November 10, 2011

Interview with Rachel Wells

Yesterday you saw my review of Enchanted by Rachel Wells and today I have an interview with Rachel so without further ado I give you Rachel:





Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m not really that exciting…I’m a stay at home mom to three girls, married almost 14 years. We have way too many pets running around our house, including dogs, a cockatoo, a guinea pig, and other small creatures. Besides writing, I love to read, scrapbook, and bake.

How did you get into writing?

As I said I love to read, and I think that is what really started it. I love getting lost in a good story and I
realized that I also love to make up a good story for others to get lost in. It’s exciting, fulfilling, and fun to create your own world with its own people where anything can happen.

Do you have any must-haves while writing?

I have to be alone. I can’t even stand another person to be in the room with me because as irrational as it may sound, I feel like they are reading over my shoulder (even though they’re not) and I can’t stand the feeling.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?

Write what you know and like and don’t give up. We are lucky to be writing in this time because along with traditional publishing, we are also free to go the Indie route. You can get your work out there!

Who is your favourite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I don’t know if I can pick just one! I love Louisa May Alcott, J.K. Rowling, and Stephenie Meyer. I’m also just discovering the Bronte sisters. They all write different things with different voices, but the stories they have told stick in your brain. They’re unforgettable!

Thanks, Rachel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!