Sunday, November 27, 2011

IMM: November Books Edition

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi, The Story Siren.  It is a weekly feature where book enthusiasts showcase the books they got in the mail, from bookstores, from the library or anywhere else for the week.  However, I have been doing mine monthly to encourage myself to buy less books until I get my tbr pile under control.

After last month's huge book haul I'm quite relieved that I didn't get too many books in November.

Here are the books I received in November:

The Jinx by D. F. Lamont


13-year-old Stephen Grayson's run of bad luck gets so bad he worries he is endangering his family. Fearing he is cursed, he flees home to protect his family, only to find that he is in the middle of a tug-of war between a cult obsessed with order and misshapen monsters known as “Chaons” who seem bent on hunting him down.

Drayling by Terry J. Newman


Twenty-fifth century Drayling, and Britain as a whole, has benefited greatly from advances in technology and medical science, and life in the Graves' household, and in those of their friends and colleagues, is secure, clear and very content. The desire and need for clarity, truth and order has motivated communities to live in harmony, abandoning any potentially controversial aspects or ways of life, including all religions, in favour of a modern civilised society that upholds order, simplicity, honesty, love and honour as its ideals.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Code Blood by Kurt Kamm


CODE BLOOD takes the reader into the world of emergency medicine, the science of stem cell research, and the unsettling world of blood fetishism and body parts. The book is an edgy L.A. Noir thriller.

Colt Lewis, a young Los Angeles County fire paramedic responds to a car accident. The victim dies in his arms. Her foot has been severed but is nowhere to be found. Who is the woman and what happened to her missing foot?

Colt risks his career to find the victim’s identity and her foot. A week long search leads him to a dark side of Los Angeles—into an underworld of body part dealers, underground Goth clubs and a stalker. He uncovers a tangled maze of drugs, needles, and rituals, which can only lead to death—but who is the victim?
 (Taken from Goodreads)



These three books have been ones that I kind of put off getting until I saw these covers of them and fell in love so I got these books:


The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins




And that was my month in the way of books.  Can't wait to see what everyone else got!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy all of your books! Especially the hunger games trilogy those books are so awesome! Check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-10_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Code Blood too! I'm about halfway though & it's really good! <3
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old follower. I really like the cover to Drayling.I've never heard of these books. Great selection.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh these covers are wonderful and you MUST read them NOW!!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Mailbox this week!

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Hunger Games covers are beautiful! I love simple covers.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Hunger Games, and I have to say I'm completly in love with those designs. Wish I had those covers. Hope you enjoy them!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games are definitely a must read! Can't wait for the movie in March!

    Check out my IMM! I just started my blog so it is my very first one!
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-story-siren-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hunger Games (Trilogy) is one of the most "unputdownable" books to enter the teen market in a long time. The cliffhangers at the end of each volume are so intense, you can't help but continue on. Knowing this in advance, I decided against reading the series last summer despite the fact that everyone was talking about it. I waited the extra year, and I'm glad I did--even a week was torture when it came to getting my grubby mitts on a copy of Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!