Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blog Tour: Skeleton Lake by Angela Kulig

Title: Skeleton Lake


Author: Angela Kulig


Published: Red Iris Books, 21 October 2011


Pages: 290


First Line: "My mouth was no longer the worst of it."


Summary: Unsure if she's drowning or being saved, all Marlow wants to do is run away. Ensnared in a haunting love triangle, she realizes both boys have holes in their hearts; gaping spaces she can never hope to fill. 

Scars from loving the same girl, a girl who managed to stay dead. 

Now she is being hunted, for what she has become and what she never asked to be. Even as a Skeleton Marlow isn’t the worst thing in the night—she isn’t even close.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: It’s not every day that I find a book about skeletons, in fact Skeleton Lake by Angela Kulig is probably the first one I have read in which the protagonist is a skeleton.  That being said, I really enjoyed Skeleton Lake.

The first reason I enjoyed it so much was because it was so original and I thought the skeletons and the lake was explained really well within the book.  I did have a couple of questions about one or two of the concepts but I believe that this is the first book in the series so I’ll have to wait and see.

I liked Raiden, he was my favourite character in the book.  I could definitely see why Marlow thought he was amazing.  I liked Lena as well, she was pretty awesome.  I liked Marlow as a main character because while she kept making silly mistakes she actually learned from them.

I thought the story line was really good and highly engrossing.  I sat down and it took me a while to get through the first through chapters but I felt that this book had a snowball effect, once you got into the book, it got more and more interesting.

While I wouldn’t say that Skeleton Lake was incredibly scary I would say it definitely had some creepy scenes and reading this one at night I did glance over my shoulder once or twice.  The bad guys were just really bad, in an unnerving sort of way.

So, as you can tell I really enjoyed Skeleton Lake.  The only thing that I didn’t like was the love triangle, mainly because I didn’t feel like I cared about one of the characters at all, but fortunately, instead of drawing it out for the entire book/ or the entire series it resolved itself very quickly which was fantastic.

If you love paranormal stories and are looking for something different, then Skeleton Lake is well-worth checking out.


Where to Buy:

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this :)
    http://www.kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!