Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blog Tour: The Iron Knight

Today I have an interview with Julie Kagawa, author of the Iron Fey series. I am really excited about this because Julie is amazing!  Without further ado I give you Julie:





Did you always plan on writing The Iron Knight along with the other books in the series or did it just happen somewhere along the writing process of the first three books?

I had planned to stop with The Iron Queen.  Meghan’s journey was done: she had grown into the woman I wanted her to be, and her story was over.  But my wonderful editor convinced me that we couldn’t leave Ash and Meg like that, so near the end of The Iron Queen, I began thinking about continuing the story from Ash’s point of view; his quest to find a way back to his love.

As I was reading The Iron Queen I had to stop and grab tissues several times, when you were writing it did you find yourself getting overly emotional?

Bwahaha, your tears feed my Muse!  Ahem…I mean, no, not in The Iron Queen at least.  I knew what was going to happen, and I’m the type that likes Ultimate Noble Sacrifice endings.  I did, however, get a little emotional while writing The Iron Daughter, when a certain character I won’t name died.  I’d grown quite attached to him, and I shed a couple tears when his inevitable end finally came.  Rest in peace, big guy, you will be missed. 

What is your favorite part of being an author?

I don’t know if I have a favorite part; I just love it all so much.  This was what I always wanted to do, and now that I’m here, it’s a dream come true for me.  =)

If you could pick one of the characters from The Iron Fey series to have dinner with, who would it be and why?

I’m going to have to go with Ash, because I know he’d at least be polite.  Unlike a certain faery prankster, who might put something in my food or turn the waiter into a hedgehog.  Meghan would also be a good choice, we could catch a movie afterwards.  Grim…not so much; he’d order the most expensive thing on the menu and then turn up his nose at it. 

Thanks Julie!  Be sure to look out for my review of The Iron Knight coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. this is a fun interview!!

    here's my review of catching jordan! stop by?!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/arc-review-catching-jordan-fun-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main thing about this novel is how introspective and thoughtful it is, and it's not just about making difficult decisions and coming to terms with one's past, it's about what it means to be human from beginning till the end. I'll admit, I didn't enjoy all the parts of the story, some felt just too surreal and some didn't seem relevant, but as a whole it made me think about who we are as humans and what we have. (See, told you this book isn't like the first three.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!