Friday, October 7, 2011

Super Zombie Mega Juice Bomb by MJA Ware

Title: Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb


Author: MJA Ware


Published: MJA Ware, September 2011


Pages: 204


First Line: "Ever have a really bad day?"


Summary: When life gives you lemons, kill zombies -- turns out lemon juice neutralizes the undead.

After a failed attempt at running away, best friends Nathan and Misty return home expecting to face angry parents. Instead, they discover the military has destroyed the bridges out of their rural town and everyone's fled; except a small horde of the living dead. The stress of flesh-eating zombies may be more than their already strained relationship can handle.

Even with the help of the town geek and lemonade-powered Super-Soakers, there's not enough time to squeeze their way out of this sticky mess. Unless the trio eradicates the zombie infestation, while avoiding the deadly zombie snot, the military will blow the town, and them, to pulp.

Their only shot is something with a lot more punch. Something like the Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. But even if their friendship survives, there's another problem: Someone has to lure the undead into the trap.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Who doesn’t love a good zombie book?  I know I do.  So when I was presented with the opportunity to read Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb I took it.  I’m really glad I did because Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb was awesome.

I love the characters.  Nate as narrator, was really funny and was definitely realistic in the way he thought and talked and acted.  I really liked Nate.  I also liked Misty.  I liked the relationship between Misty and Nate, they were best friends going through that phase where things are changing as they get older.  I would’ve liked to see a little more interaction and development at the end between them but I still liked how things panned out with them.

Then there was the zombie aspect.  These zombies were pretty crazy.  I really liked that there was a scientific explanation about the zombies.  It reminded me of chemistry at school a little.  Either way I really enjoyed it and thought it was quite a unique idea about lemonade being a killer to zombies.

Overall, I really enjoyed Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb.  It was a really fun read and it was quite fast too.  If you’re looking for a fun zombie read that you could probably read in an afternoon, then Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb is a perfect read for you!

Source: MJA Ware for Review


Where to buy: Amazon (print and ebook)
Barnes & Noble
SmashWords
Apple

1 comment:

  1. Ooh....I got sent this for review too. You've just made me want to move this to the top of my TBR pile....which I can't do :'( I'll get to it some day though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!