Friday, October 21, 2011

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Title: Starcrossed


Author: Josephine Angelini


Published: HarperTeen, May 2011


Pages: 487


Summary: How do you defy destiny?
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.  (Taken from Goodreads)
Thoughts: Starcrossed was such a good read.  I sat down and would read it as much as I could.  I generally only get time to read for a little bit before bed time so it did take me a while to et through it.  However, I totally loved Starcrossed!
For starters, it's based on Greek mythology and I am always interested in those sorts of topics.  This one is based on Helen of Troy and while there were a couple of things changed from the actual myth I thought they worked really well for a contemporary time. 
Helen was such a great character.  I could certainly see myself in her shoes and I loved her best friend Claire.  Together, the two of them were a great team.
My final comment about Starcrossed is on the cover.  How gorgeous is the cover!  I love it to pieces, especially the shininess of it and the way the girl is standing.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, it is such a cute and adorable book that you will be wanting to read it all in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!