Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Evil Inside by Heather Graham

Title: The Evil Inside


Author: Heather Graham


Published: Mira, 31 August 2011


Series: Book 4, Krewe of Hunters


First Line: "The boy stood naked in the middle of the road."


Summary: For as long as it has stood overlooking New England’s jagged coastline, Lexington House has been the witness to madness…and murder. But in recent years the inexplicable malice that once tormented so many has lain as silent as its victims. Until now…
A member of the nation’s foremost paranormal forensic team, Jenna Duffy has made a career out of investigating the inexplicable. Yet nothing could prepare her for the string of slayings once again plaguing Lexington House – or for the chief suspect, a boy barely old enough to drive, much less kill.
With the young man’s life on the line, Jenna must team up with attorney Samuel Hill to pinpoint who – or what – is taking the lives of those who get too close to the past. But everything they learn brings them closer to the forces of evil stalking this tortured ground.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: The Evil Inside is the fourth book in the Krewe of Hunters series and this one had something quite a bit different going on in that The Evil Inside doesn’t have all of the Krewe of Hunters present in the book.  For the first half of the book it was just Jenna and then for the second half only some of the Krewe of Hunters were present.  It was definitely quite different and I really enjoyed it.

I liked Jenna, I think she’s one of my favourites in the Krewe of Hunters series and I really liked learning a little bit more about her and getting a taste of the kind of special talent that she has.  I also thought that Sam was quite interesting.  It was interesting learning about him and seeing some things from his perspective as well as Jenna’s.  Together, the two of them made quite a nice team.

Speaking of teams, it was good to find out a little bit more about some of the other members of the Krewe of Hunters.  One of the revelations about one of the characters was definitely fascinating.

The murder mystery aspect of The Evil Inside was definitely one of the more interesting ones.  This one there is a tie in with the Salem Witch Trials so I thought that to be quite fascinating.  I was definitely sucked into the whole whodunit thing and this time I actually managed to guess the killer’s identity which is a first when it comes to Heather Graham’s novels, so I was really excited about that.

As always, the ghost aspect was there and it was really interesting.  I didn’t feel that the ghosts were too prominent or creepy in this one.  They were still there and Jenna’s way of seeing the ‘ghosts’ was definitely interesting.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Evil Inside and I am hoping that there will be another book in this series because I absolutely love the Krewe of Hunters series and there is one more character who hasn’t been written into a book as the main focus yet.

Source: NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing HeatherG books but I haven't tried one yet, sounds like a great series.

    I am reading the Graveyard Queen series now by Amanda Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marce I love Heather Graham. I have the first book in the Graveyard Queen series but haven't read it yet but it definitely looks good. I think it and Heather Graham novels are quite similar.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!